NOTE: This is also available as a growing bundle
Are you new to teaching Project Based Learning or PBL? Do you need step-by-step plans to teach STEM? STEAM or STEM and ELA are sometimes difficult to combine. This package has it all. This comprehensive package will help you teach Reading, Writing, and Speaking skills as well as Science Technology, Engineering and Math. Many people claim they are selling a STEM package when in fact they are simply selling a Science Lesson. This package has my personal guarantee that it not only contains all parts of the STEAM acronym, (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) but that there is emphasis on the problem-solving part.
This is a ONE WEEK plan but is part of of my 28 week Full-Year Bundle which will be posted soon.
It’s engaging for the kids, and easy for the teacher to plan and prep.
Here’s what’s included in this huge 140-page resource:
- A full week of planning for the above topics.
- Levelled Mini Books – 3 levels for Below Grade Level, At Grade Level and Above Grade Level.
- Each Mini Book comes in a full color version, and an ink saving black and white version.
- Tips on how to get started.
- Tips on how to prep your first week.
- Step-by-step detailed plans for each day.
- Vocabulary cards to front-load difficult words and concepts.
- Worksheets to accompany most lessons.
- Guided Reading Schematic to help you plan that awkward Guided Reading block.
- Slideshow to help introduce the STEAM component and challenge.
- Inquiry Process Slides to further learn about PBL or to use as a parent slideshow.
- My Steam Journal for the kids to complete the STEAM component step-by-step.
- Poster for teaching Partner Reading.
- Worksheets for higher thinking skills like opinion and sequence.
- The all-important Self Evaluation.
- Answer Keys for most worksheets.
- Quick grid planning overview of the week.
- Editable planning grid if you want to add changes.
- Letter to parents and an editable version too.
- My personal guarantee that I have taught towards all the parts of the STEAM acronym.
- Common Core Standards
- British Columbia Standards