Get kids excited about math with this fun hands-on collaborative project. Typically done during a Family Math Night event, this project can also be done in the classroom. The best part is, each person is individually represented in the final product!
In this blast from the past, participants will be designing cubes and plotting them on a coordinate grid to create a 3-D alien from the popular 1978 video arcade game Space Invaders.
Included in the lesson plan:
• list of materials needed
• math and science background
• mathematical vocabulary
• Space Invaders activity sheets: Beginning, Intermediate, Advanced
• Space Invaders Collaborative Project table tents (2)
• Space Invaders coordinate grid aliens (3)
• table tents: Beginning, Intermediate, Advanced
• Space Invaders coordinates (3)
• Space Invaders title (individual letters)
• Design Your Own Space Invader activity sheet
More great STEAM and Family Math Night Collaborative Projects (See below for the bundled version of all lessons - a savings of $15!) :
Salt Dough Tessellation
Fruit of Life
Get 16 lesson plans for $25...a savings of $15! (Does not include Fraction Quilt, Fish Bowl, Rose Window or Space Invaders)
STEAM and Family Math Night Collaborative Project Bundle
If you're interested in other ideas for your Family Math Night events, I have a lot of them! Check out my blog, pinterest page, website or YouTube Channel. And if you have questions, let me know!
Family Math Night Website
Family Math Night Blog
Family Math Night Pinterest
Family Math Night YouTube Channel
Wishing you a successful Family Math Night event!