Also included in
- Perfect for back to school activities. This STEM around the world bundle is a complete set of 25 STEM challenge cards based on famous landmarks around the world, including a student passport, representing at least 25 one hour lessons! COLOR & GREYSCALEThese task cards allow flexibility with the$14.80$18.50Save $3.70
A complete set of 6 STEM challenges about famous North American Landmarks. Students will collect stamps for their passport as they work through these engineering marvels.
These task cards allow flexibility with the teacher to either grab and go or build further lessons around each challenge.
They lend themselves to Geography, Science, History and Inquiry subjects.
Students will learn
* the location of 6 famous landmarks
* 6 facts about each landmark
* about flags, one for each country
* how to build and design with constraints such as materials and time
* how to evaluate their own designs
Australian Curriculum LINKS
Students can earn a STAMP in their STEM PASSPORT by completing different activities based on different COUNTRIES.
* INCLUDED *
------ 6 STEM CHALLENGE CARDS and a STUDENT PASSPORT BOOKLET - Color and Greyscale Cards ------
Task Card #1 - Hoover Dam, Nevada, USA
Task Card #2 - Big Island - Hawaii, USA
Task Card #3 - Golden Gate Bridge California, USA
Task Card #4 - Lake Pontchartrain Causeway, Louisiana, USA
Task Card #5 - White Pass and Yukon Route Railroad CANADA
Task Card #6 - CN Tower CANADA
Supplies List (see thumbnail preview for details of supplies needed).
Each TASK CARD can be printed back to back
FRONT - Challenge is outlined
BACK - Design Questions
* one STAMP for completing the challenge
* One STAMP for answering design questions
Color and greyscale versions
These cards best suit grades 3 to 6
With guidance they can be used for younger grades and with more time restrictions they can be used for older grades also.
The design is repeated for all task cards to make it easier for students
The design questions are the same for each task card, allowing students to build on how they analyse and evaluate their own designs. By the end of the tasks it is expected that students should be able to better verbalize and explain their learning.
For STEM Task Cards AROUND the WORLD – click here
For STEM Task Cards around EUROPE – click here