Encourage a love of STEM by using these fun poems with monthly activities and challenges! Send these take home science baggies with students and motivate families to complete the challenge.
At the beginning of the school year, I place these STEM baggies on each student desk at Meet the Teacher or Open House. I encourage my new students to go home and practice with their family before we do the challenge in class. At the beginning of every month, I send home a new STEM baggie and encourage students to complete the challenge with their family. It's a fun and easy way to increase family involvement! I hope the fun poem will motivate your families to participate!
There are 10 STEM challenge cards included:
2. Build a Catapult: rubber bands, popsicle sticks, spoons, marshmallows
3. Build a Tower: Index cards
4. Build a Pyramid: Miniature cups
5. Build a 3D Shape: Gumdrops, toothpicks
6. Build a House: Sticky notes
7. Build a Boat: Aluminum foil
8. Build a Stage and Puppet: Sock, popsicle sticks, tape
9. Build a Bridge: Straws, tape
10. Build a Park: Pipe cleaners
Looking to see other science resources?