Ticktock Banneker's Clock by Shana Keller is a wonderful lead in for STEM and critical thinking activities! It's the perfect book to use for distance learning because the publisher has allowed the author to read it online (linked inside resource).
You can check out the book synopsis and reviews here.
What's in the resource?
Five STEM & Critical Thinking Activities to accompany the book:
- Make observations & ask questions
- Estimate & measure scale
- Identify which STEM Ideals () Benjamin Banneker demonstrated and support with evidence from the story
- Hands-on gear making exploration using easily found materials in class or at home
**** Plus a choice board with 9 additional activities to extend & explore!
What the resource comes with:
- A print PDF version (editable in Google SlidesTM)
- An editable Google Slides (TM) version
- Sample answer keys
- Teacher notes
- A video walk-through for the teacher
Who is this for?
- Teachers who love incorporating picture books and ELA with their STEM lessons.
- Teachers who need print & paperless versions of resources
Who is this not for?
- Teachers who are part of Elementary STEM Club (this resource will be included as a bonus for you. Don't buy it twice!)