We have added an engineering twist to the classic balloon rocket demo!
This engaging STEM challenge is a fun way to incorporate the engineering design process into your classroom or afterschool program! This hands-on activity is an engaging design challenge that allows students to work in teams, apply the engineering design process, and connect science topics to real-world applications. The teacher will provide the structure to the project, but students will take an active role in designing and building their own balloon rocket device.
Students are on a mission to pop a balloon taped to the wall. All they have is another balloon, string, tape, and various other materials. They will attach materials to their rocket and launch it along a string to pop the balloon.
This packet includes:
- Detailed educator guide with links to resources
- Student handouts including Forces on a Rocket & Intro to Rocket Science
- Student recording packet for each step of the engineering design process
- Science extension activities that guide students to explore effects of friction and balloon volume on rocket distance
• Click the Green ★ to follow our store and get notifications of new products and freebies
• Leave feedback to receive TpT credit for use on future purchases
• Questions? Contact us in the Product Q&A section
♥ Connect With Us ♥