Also included in
- Force and Motion Unit. This is a complete integrated unit for 3rd grade force and motion! Students will learn about balanced and unbalanced forces, objects in motion and more. This resource is full of hands-on inquiry based lesson plans, response pages and recording sheets, nonfiction passages for$13.80$17.25Save $3.45
- Physical Science Bundle for third grade. This resource includes other resources to address ALL of the physical science standards for Third grade NGSS.This resource addresses the NGSS Disciplinary Core Idea of Motions and Stability: Forces and Interactions.3-PS2-1.Plan and conduct an investigation to$32.92$41.15Save $8.23
- Utah SEEd Third-grade Bundle This resource bundles all my 3rd-grade resources for Utah SEEd into one package with a discount of 20%. You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? It also includes resources that address Utah Cor$116.12$145.15Save $29.03
- Students will love these STEM Engineering Challenges! Teachers will love that the materials are inexpensive and easy to find. These NGSS STEM activities will have students using design thinking and conducting fair tests for these engineering challenges. This bundle includes several STEM engineering$36.24$45.30Save $9.06
- This third-grade science bundle includes all of my resources for third-grade NGSS,as well as third-grade resources for reading informational text. Save 20% by purchasing this huge bundle. Teachers and school districts will love this third-grade Huge NGSS Bundle with a wide variety of labs, centers,$145.20$180.75Save $35.55
- This science bundle for third grade covers the entire year! You save 20% by purchasing together! This NGSS Bundle for third grade is packed full of great lessons, investigations, labs, and close readings with nonfiction passages to meet the NGSS and CCSS standards for 3rd grade! Covers all NGSS stan$84.12$105.15Save $21.03
This lesson will have students beginning to discover the laws of motion and they will also practice important STEM engineering skills of design and redesign, testing and refining a product. Students will have the opportunity to use scientific practices of asking questions and defining problems. . Students will record findings in the worksheets and fold provided. These can be used in an interactive notebook or indepently.
It is aligned with NGSS 3rd grade NGSS 3-PS2-1. Plan and conduct an investigation to provide evidence of the effects of balanced and unbalanced forces on the motion of an object.
NGSS 3-PS2-2. Make observations and/or measurements of an object’s motion to provide evidence that a pattern can be used to predict future motion.
This Lesson can be purchased and used as a stand alone lesson or it can be purchased within the unit Force and Motion Force and Motion Unit
This lesson is also included in the 3rd grade bundle If you have purchased 3rd Grade Science Lesson Bundle
This lesson connects to common core standards W3.2 a, b and d.
or as part of a Bundle with a 20% Savings 3rd Grade Science Lesson Bundle If you like that product take a look at Templates for Foldables
You may also like Properties of Water Unit