A dive into the world of Arctic and Antarctic. Cool facts about these cold places.
Tackle the most extreme places on Earth. How do animals and plants cope with such extreme cold conditions that are found there? Why is it so cold? And how cold is it?
We love to observe animals with the goal of getting inspiration. This approach to learning can be seen in some of the activities where the students are asked to use nature as inspiration for new ideas and as a way to solve problems.
This package contains:
Introduction - What we know and what we want to know
1. An icy Adventure! What is the Arctic? What is the Antarctic?
2. What is underneath all the ice? Make a tally
3. Facts about the Arctic and Antarctic?
4. What animals live in the Arctic and Antarctic?
5. Will we ever meet? Polar Bears and Penguins
6. Ask the snow hare questions about the Arctic.
7. Ask the leopard seal questions about the Antarctic.
8. Brr - Temperature in the Arctic and the Antarctic
9. No trees!
10. Really, really cold! Why is it so cold in the Arctic and the Antarctic?
11. The Land of the Midnight Sun - pros, cons and interesting things
12. Story writing
13.What can you do to keep warm?
14. What can animals do to keep warm?
15. Footprints in the snow
16. Story writing - plan your story
18. Study an animal and invent something
19. Feel inspired by penguins actions
20.Some interesting things that I have learned
21. Ideas for crafts
• This download is a PDF and is formatted in US Letter size. If you would prefer an alternate sizing A4 or spelling (colour vs color etc.), please leave me a note in the ‘ask a question section of my store'.