Explore the wonderful world of kolas and kiwis.
Lessons about biomimicry require a brave approach to teaching since there is a move away from an approach where teachers are asking questions and looking for quick answers. Instead young learners are given an opportunity to shape and explore their own ideas. Biomimicry and bioinspiration are constantly evolving and new ideas are explored to solve problems and designing innovations.
Duplicate pages are included with different spelling.
The package contains the following animals and plants: koala, platypus, sea star, kiwi, kiwifruit, New Zealand fur seal/ kekeno, yellow-eyed penguin, possums.
1. Introduction to biomimicry
2. What if I was a koala
3. Design something soft inspired by koalas
4. Koalas have sharp claws
5. Koala inspired reading or a relaxing nook
6. Design challenge flowers
7. What if I was a platypus
8. Platypus poem
9. Use random inspiration and platypuses to design something new
10. Kookaburra's head - superfast car. . .
11. Kookaburra toys
12. Sea star challenge - random pictures
13. Design a robo inspired by sea stars
14. Story writing - sea start robo
15. Interesting beaks
16. Kiwi's magic beak - story writing
17. Rainproof house or coat
18. Acrostic poem
21. Kiwi design challenge
22. Kiwi juice packages
23. Yellow-eyed penguin - glasses
24. Throw a dice - biomimicry design game
26. Butterfly rain challenge
27. How to use biomimicry in thh classroom
28. Links and book tips
29. 2 posters
• This download is a PDF and is formatted in A4 size. If you would prefer an alternate sizing, US Letter size or spelling (colour vs color etc.), please leave me a note in the ‘ask a question section of my store'.