Montessori inspired booklet using bird's feet and legs as inspiration for new ideas. There are cards with photos of different types of bird's feet that can be used to study feet such as swimming feet, perching feet, and climbing feet.
Lessons about biomimicry require a brave approach to teaching since there is a move away from an approach where teachers are asking questions and looking for quick answers. Instead young learners are given an opportunity to shape and explore their own ideas. Biomimicry and bioinspiration are constantly evolving and new ideas are explored to solve problems and designing innovations.
1. Introduction to biomimicry
2. Observation birds
3. Acrostic poem
4. Booby webbed feet
5. Make up a dance - invent a dancing robot or toy
6. Invent a toy or a swimming gear
7. Flamingos' legs and feet - furniture challenge
8. Robot that can walk in mud
9. Design a playground with a carousel inspired by parrots
10. Owl observations
11. Design a flying toy that can pick up things.
12. Story writing - boy or girl who can turn his or her toes around at will.
13. What if you could run like an ostrich?
14. Random Inspiration game
15. Cards with different types of feet
16. How can you use biomimicry in the classroom
17. Links and book tips
• This download is a PDF and is formatted in US Letter size. If you would prefer an alternate sizing, A4 Letter size or spelling (colour vs color etc.), please leave me a note in the ‘ask a question section of my store'.