Biomimicry is an exciting way to inspire young children to be creative, curious and to observe the world. The projects are intended to inspire a playful and creative approach towards problem solving.
Children come to understand how animals and plants can be used as a platform upon which ideas and inventions can be developed. Biomimicry bridges the boundaries traditionally found in education and provides young children with an opportunity to mix art, literature and science with an innovative approach.
This topic also provides an opportunity to bring the learning outdoors – observing, listening and smelling are vital factors to build a foundation upon which ideas inspired by nature can be explored.
Package contains two posters
1. Why Teach Biomimicry
2. Getting Started Guide
3.How to Observe and Collect Information about Caterpillars
4. Describe a Caterpillar
5. Make a list of things that caterpillars can do.
6. Things I Love about Caterpillars
7. Caterpillar shape poem
8. Make a drawing or model of an interesting body part
9. Use "random" words to invent and design things
10. Imagination design challenge
11. Design challenge
12. Word Caterpillar
13.Design word challenge
14. Fake eyes
15. What if you could measure a crooked line?
16. Design task - saddleback caterpillar
17. Observe and collect Information about Butterflies
18. Describe a butterfly
19. Make a list of things that butterflies can do.
20. I am in awe of butterflies
21. Draw butterfly wings
22. Use "random" word as inspiration
23. Imagination design challenge
24. Design challenge
26. Design word challenge
27. Make an ID card or ID badge
28. Months - Design a robot that can fly in the dark or a solar panel that can capture as much light as possible
29. Observation cards
30. How to use biomimicry in the classroom - inspiration and ideas
31. Links to videos and information
32. Two posters
• This download is a PDF and is formatted in US Letter size. If you would prefer an alternate sizing, A4 size or spelling (colour vs color etc.), please leave me a note in the ‘ask a question section of my store'.