The rainforest is home to the most stunning and fascinating plants and animals.
Biomimicry is an exciting way to inspire young children to be creative, curious and to observe the world. The projects are intended to inspire a playful and creative approach towards problem solving.
Children come to understand how animals and plants can be used as a platform upon which ideas and inventions can be developed. Biomimicry bridges the boundaries traditionally found in education and provides young children with an opportunity to mix art, literature and science with an innovative approach.
This topic also provides an opportunity to bring the learning outdoors – observing, listening and smelling are vital factors to build a foundation upon which ideas inspired by nature can be explored.
1. Why Teach Biomimicry
2. Getting Started Guide
3.How to Observe and Collect Information about the rainforest
4. Acrostic Parrot Poem
5. Things I love about Parrots.
6. Parrot Shape Poem
7. Red feathers
8. Clothes that never fade - Advert for Bunny Hats
9. Parrot Robo
10. Things I love about Toucans
11. Describe a Toucan
12.The beak of Toucan
13. The radiator - Toucan's beak
14. Cassowaries - helmet
15. Make up words - Cassowaries
16. Design word challenge - Cassowary
17. Slow Loris - insect repellent and energy bar
18. Loris mask and smell communication
19. Draw leaf insects - Make a "Where's the Leaf Insect?" book
20. Imagination challenge - Leaf Insect
21. Buttress roots - Architecture
22. Tall trees support each other - Design skyscrapers
23. Brazil nuts - I can open anything
24. Calla Lily's flower - Explore spiral shapes
25. Lobster Claws - Insect catching machine
26. Write a rainforest discovery story
27. Observation cards
28. How to use biomimicry in the classroom - inspiration and ideas
29. Links to videos and information
30. Two posters
• This download is a PDF and is formatted in US Letter size. If you would prefer an alternate sizing A4 or spelling (colour vs color etc.), please leave me a note in the ‘ask a question section of my store'.