Robots capture children’s imagination. Self-driving cars, robot bees that pollinate flowers, and jumping kangaroo robots may be part of our future. With robots, children can learn to explore dreams and use these dreams to solve problems.
Biomimicry is also an exciting way to inspire young children to be creative, curious and to observe the world. By combining these two topics, projects that use a problem-solving approach have been designed. The projects are intended to inspire a playful and creative approach towards robots and biomimicry. Children come to understand how animals and plants can be used as a platform upon which ideas and inventions can be developed.
1. Introduction to Biomimicry and What we know and what we want to know
2. Things I love about robos
3. How can you build a robo that can fly. . .
4. Study animals and design a flying robo
5. What do you need to build your robot?
6. Write a story about a robo in space
9. Plan your robo story
10. Questions for a robo story
11. Write your robo story
12. How can you build a robo that can pick up things. . .
13. Study animals and design a robo
14. Write a story about a robo with several arms or. . .
15. What if you could design a robo that can grow like a tree . . .
16. Study animals and design a robo
17. Steps to build a robo
18. What if you could design a robo that can jump. . .
19. Study animals and design a robo
20. Acrostic poem
21. What if you could build a robo that can crawl. . .
22. Study animals and design a robo
23. Describe your animal
24. Picture gallery of robos
25. Sea Lionbot Poem
26. How can you build a robo that can swim. . .
27. Study animals and design a robo
28. Colorful fish
29. Reflection on learning
30. How to use biomimicry in the classroom
31. Questions cards - how to design robos
32. Links and book tips
33. 3 posters Color as well as White background
• This download is a PDF and is formatted in US Letter size. If you would prefer an alternate sizing, A4 size, or spelling (colour vs color etc.), please leave me a note in the ‘ask a question section of my store'.