STEM Build a Table Challenge
Also included in
- Challenging, fun and collaborative! These STEM Challenges include guides, templates and reflection prompts to help you run engaging STEM challenges with your students. The ChallengesBuild a TableIn this STEM challenge, students will design and construct a table using only paper, tape and rubber bandPrice $7.90Original Price $9.00Save $1.10
This fun 'Build a Table' STEM Challenge includes guides, templates and reflection prompts to help you run an engaging STEM challenge with your students. In this STEM challenge, students will design and construct a table using only paper, tape and rubber bands.
This task has been designed to guide students in a thorough STEM learning experience involving research, planning, designing, testing, construction, extension and reflection. The simple and easy-to-follow instructions help to make each stage of the process kid-friendly and interesting.
This resource includes:
- Easy-to-follow teacher notes
- Example pictures
- Student instructions
- A letter to parents
- A research template
- 2 student planning templates
- Extension choice boards (2 options)
- 2 student reflection templates
- A rubric for easy assessment
You will also need to supply these additional materials:
- rubber bands
- popsicle sticks (for the optional extension task only)
- random classroom supplies (for placing on top of the tables)
There are teacher notes included in this resource that give you a step by step guide for running this activity. Simply print the templates you plan to use with your students and organise the additional materials listed. Then, have your students work through the process of designing and constructing their tables.
This task can be spread over a week of STEM lessons, or can be condensed into 1 STEM session, depending on your needs.
- STEM specialist teachers
- Gifted education teachers
- Classroom teachers looking to use more STEM with their students
- Any teachers or parents working with children in 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th grade
Connect with Mrs T!
★ This is a great way to be the first to know when I post a new resource!