This STEM catapult challenge involves engineering, geometry, ratios, critical thinking, and teamwork in an engaging activity your students will love! Using the engineering design process along with math skills, teams of students will build two catapult designs from common materials. Each team will then test at three stations: Distance, Accuracy, and Power. Included are follow-up math problems for enhanced learning. One of my favorite STEM activities!
Included in this product:
- Teachers guide with links to resources
- Student catapult design sheet
- Student recording sheet for each station
- Math connection problems including angles, ratios, and averages, and graphing
About STEM Challenges: Click here to learn more about the 3 Stages of STEM. STEM challenges are an engaging way to incorporate the engineering design process into your classroom or afterschool program! These hands-on activities allow students to work in teams, apply the engineering design process, and connect science topics to real-world applications. The teacher will provide the structure to the project, but students will take an active role in designing and building their own device.
• Click the Green ★ to follow our store and get notifications of new products and freebies
• Leave feedback to receive TpT credit for use on future purchases
• Questions? Contact us in the Product Q&A section
♥ Connect With Us ♥