STEM Challenges are a great way to get your students working collaboratively and thinking critically. In this fun and engaging challenge, students use the Engineering Design Process to build and design bird feeders. The students absolutely love hanging their bird feeders in trees around the playground so they can check on them during recess!
You will need the following materials for this STEM Challenge:
• Recyclables (Small, Medium & Large Bottles)
• Rubber Bands
• Bird Seed
This download includes:
• Detailed instructions and tips for the teacher
• STEM Challenge Prompt
• Engineering Design Process worksheet for the students
• Materials List & Cost Sheet
• Budget Tracking Sheet for students
• Imagination Station worksheet for students to draw their blueprints
• Engineering Journal worksheet for students to reflect on the challenge
If you like this STEM Challenge, you should check out my Spring STEM Challenge.
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love feedback!
Also, follow me
and be notified when new products are uploaded!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,