STEM Challenge Design a Volcano With Blocks PRINT and DIGITAL
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This is a growing collection of easy to implement STEM challenges for upper elementary and middle school aged students. All of these challenges include:background informationstudent directionstips for teachers with suggestions and extensionsa student response worksheeta scoring rubricforce copy linkPrice $33.50Original Price $67.00Save $33.50
- This bundle includes 10 hands-on science labs and activities all related to the Earth: rocks, fossils, minerals, crystals, tectonic plates, etc. This includes: Experiment: Modeling the Rock Cycle with StarburstExperiment: Modeling Tectonic Plates with Graham CrackersSTEM Challenge: Construct an EartPrice $22.20Original Price $37.00Save $14.80
For this STEM Challenge, students must build a volcano out of plastic building blocks (similar to LEGO brand blocks) and make it erupt! This file includes:
- teacher directions, discussion questions, and extension activities
- 5 slides of background information about volcanoes
- 4 slides setting up the challenge with student directions and photos
- a student response worksheet
- a scoring rubric
- a force copy link to a Google Slides version
Your students will love this simple but challenging STEM activity and you will love that it requires minimal prep time.
Get my growing STEM bundle instead and save 50%! The best news is you'll get all future STEM resources that I add for free!
Please follow my store here for more great resources!
You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, and lafountaineofknowledge.com where you'll discover ideas, inspiration, and plenty of freebies! Or join my email list to get a monthly newsletter with exclusive FREE resources you can't get anywhere else!
Want free money to spend on Teachers Pay Teachers? Rate this product to earn some TpT credit! Leaving feedback helps us both out and takes less than a minute! Your support makes it possible for me to continue making and sharing great resources! Thank you!
Credits: All photos used with permission and sourced via and . Background photo by , photo on pages 4 by , and photo on page 6 by . All other photos and the graphic on page 7 are by Shea LaFountaine of LaFountaine of Knowledge. The border on page 12 was created by and used with permission. Fonts used include: Amatic SC by Vernon Adams and Coming Soon by Open Window. Fonts used with permission under open source licenses.