Also included in
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 4th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 4th grade. This bundle also includes an assessment that can be used at the end of each strand. Save 20% by purchasing this as a bundle. Save lots$53.00$66.25Save $13.25
- NGSS Fourth Grade Bundle: This bundle covers all the standards for NGSS 4th grade for the entire year. These resources include slideshows, informational text reading passages, science labs, science centers, response pages, and an assessment for each strand of NGSS fourth grade. Do you want an NGSS b$71.84$89.80Save $17.96
- Students will love these STEM Engineering Challenges! Teachers will love that the materials are inexpensive and easy to find. These NGSS STEM activities will have students using design thinking and conducting fair tests for these engineering challenges. This bundle includes several STEM engineering$36.24$45.30Save $9.06
- This fourth-grade NGSS science bundle includes all of my resources for 4th-grade NGSS. It also includes fourth-grade resources for reading informational text. Teachers and school districts will love this Huge fourth-grade NGSS Bundle with a wide variety of labs, centers, nonfiction articles, and mor$145.96$179.50Save $33.54
- Engineering Bundle for Middle School Science: Addresses all of the middle school Engineering Standards. Students will love these engineering challenges while learning about the design process, criteria, and constraints, and other STEM Ideas. Balloon Car, flashlight, ball launcher, and more included.$34.64$43.30Save $8.66
- Fourth Grade Utah SEEd Bundle This resource bundles all my 4th-grade resources for Utah SEEd into one package with a discount of 20%. You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? This huge bundle includes a year’s worth of r$102.56$128.20Save $25.64
- This bundle includes my STEM engineering resources for upper elementary and middle school. You can save 20% by purchasing these resources here together. Each resource has students using design thinking to develop solutions. This set is perfect for a STEM class, an after-school engineering program, o$46.28$57.85Save $11.57
In these STEM Challenges on circuit electricity, students will create paper circuits using copper tape. Students will use STEM engineering skills while creating all types of conductive tape circuits using copper tape, coin batteries, and LED diodes to complete the challenges.
Great for science lessons on current electricity, STEM camps, and after-school STEM programs. Each STEM challenge can be done independently, though they do build in complexity.
This set includes:
- ten paper circuit challenges
- templates for 10 designs
- troubleshooting tips
- photos of finished projects
- article on electrical circuits
- follow-up pages
This unit goes especially well with the following standards:
NGSS 4-PS3-2. Make observations to provide evidence that energy can be transferred from place to place by sound, light, heat, and
NGSS 4-PS3-4. Apply scientific ideas to design, test, and refine a device that converts energy from one form to another
NGSS 3-5-ETS1-3. Plan and carry out fair tests in which variables are controlled and failure points are considered to identify
aspects of a model or prototype that can be improved.
NGSS MS-ETS1-1 Define the criteria and constraints of a design problem with sufficient precision to ensure a successful solution, taking into account relevant scientific principles and potential impacts on people and the natural environment that may limit possible solutions
NGSS MS-ETS1-2.Evaluate competing design solutions using a systematic process to determine how well they meet the criteria and constraints of the problem.
Analyze data from tests to determine similarities and differences among several design solutions to identify the best characteristics of each that can be combined into a new solution to better meet the criteria for success.
Develop a model to generate data for iterative testing and modification of a proposed object, tool, or process such that an optimal design can be achieved.
Also aligned with Utah SEEd
Utah SEEd 4.2.3
Plan and carry out an investigation to gather evidence from observations that energy can be transferred from place to place by sound, light, heat, and electrical currents. Examples could include sound-causing objects to vibrate and electric currents being used to produce moon or light.
Utah SEEd 4.2.4
Apply scientific ideas to design a solution that converts energy from one form to another. Define the problem, identify criteria and constraints, develop a prototype for iterative testing, analyze data from testing, and propose modifications for optimizing the solution.
You will need the following inexpensive materials:
Conductive copper tape, paper, LED diodes, coin batteries, clear tape, scissors
- Simple Circuit
- Parallel Circuit
- Series Circuit
- Light Up Robot
- Light Up Tree
- Light Up Snowman
- Laser Sword Light
- Parallel Circuit With Corners
- Your Own Design With Light
- Four Different Kinds of Switches
Through these challenges, students will learn about:
Closed and open circuits
And terms: load, path, source
Want to see some examples of Copper Tape Paper Circuit Stem Challenges?
* My resources are secure and not editable for copyright reasons.
Save 20% by purchasing in the Engineering for Middle School Science.
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
If you have questions about my resources please contact me at email@example.com
See other resources for Engineering: