Also included in
- Engage your students with these week-long STEM Physical Science challenges. The STEM bundle comes with 11 student-led STEM activities.What's Included in Each STEM Project• The 21st-century problem includes a video challenge which outlines the activity in a fun and easy to understand way.• The slide$95.20$143.00Save $47.80
Engage your students with this week-long STEM challenge.
A popular way to communicate with others is through homemade videos. You're learning about sound in your science class, and your teacher has challenged you to create a musical instrument and make a video about it. Your video will need to explain the following terms: sound, pitch, frequency, amplitude, and wavelength. In order to make your video engaging to your audience, use your instrument to demonstrate these key concepts. At the end of the video, you should be able to play a line or verse from a children's song and point out key terms about sound. Good luck with your design.
• The 21st-century problem includes a video challenge which outlines the activity in a fun and easy to understand way.
• The slideshow presentation (PPT) allows the teacher to facilitate the pacing throughout the project.
• The teacher lesson plans include TEKS and NGSS standards alignment, and step-by-step directions on what the teacher and students should be doing along the way.
• The student notebook will guide the student through the activity. The questions will challenge students to learn new information, reflect on learned information, and provide the students a framework for the entire project.
• Each lesson is written using the Launch process. Students are going to be brainstorming with their peers and reflecting on failures and opportunities. At the end of each project, we’ve asked the students to share their ideas with the world. This holds students accountable. They will put forth the best effort knowing other students could critique the project.
What Supplies Do I Need
Each product contains a list of suggested supplies for the project. We were very cautious about choosing inexpensive items. This project has a suggested supply list that includes:
· Poster board
· Toilet paper/paper towel tubes
· Cereal box
· Tissue box
· Jar lids
· Tongue depressors
· Rubber bands
The supply list is dynamic and can be adjusted to your situation.
NGSS and TEKS Standards
Supports Next Generation Science Standards:
Use mathematical representations to describe a simple model for waves that includes how the amplitude of a wave is related to the energy in a wave.
Define the criteria and constraints of a design problem with sufficient precision to ensure a successful solution, taking into account relevant scientific principles and potential impacts on people and the natural environment that may limit possible solutions.
Evaluate competing design solutions using a systematic process to determine how well they meet the criteria and constraints of the problem.
Analyze data from tests to determine similarities and differences among several design solutions to identify the best characteristics of each that can be combined into a new solution to better meet the criteria for success.
Develop a model to generate data for iterative testing and modification of a proposed object, tool, or process such that an optimal design can be achieved.
Demonstrate energy transformations such as energy in a flashlight battery changes from chemical energy to electrical energy to light energy.
Connect with Kesler Science
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the red ‘Follow Me’ next to my Seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Blog - Kesler Science Lessons Blog for more great activities and freebies.
Follow me on Twitter @iamkesler
Great info and freebies on Facebook /keslerscience
Copyright © Chris Kesler. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.