Everything STEM that you need for more than one YEAR of STEM challenges. Get your students problem solving, thinking creatively and engineering solutions. Challenge your students. Get them thinking outside the box. Engineering, design thinking and scientific concepts
Just print and go. All supplies lists included.
Over 54 STEM challenges and activities to suit any topic or occasion.
These activities lend themselves to Geography, Science, History and Inquiry subjects.
What is STEM?
★ presenting students with an authentic problem
★ challenging students to collaborate for possible solutions
★ making specific plans for the solution
★ testing the model to see if it solves the problem
★ reflecting, revising, and re-testing
★ reflecting on success and recognizing mistakes as part of the process
Students will learn:
★ scientific concepts behind engineering principles
★ how to build and design with constraints such as materials and time
★ how to evaluate their own designs
★ how to problem solve and think critically
★ how to work in a team and resolve conflicts
What makes this set different to other STEM bundles?
Each STEM challenge set also includes a 'Student Challenge Booklet' in this booklet students can earn tokens by completing the challenges and answering the reflection questions (see preview video). The pirate set rewards the students when they have earned enough gold bullion and honors them with a 'real' pirate name.
Also each STEM challenge card includes facts about the topic. For example: Did you know that the longest paper plane flight was 226 ft and 10 inches?
NGSS and Australian Curriculum LINKS
STEM challenges included
- Basketball Shoot-out
- Fill Your Bucket
- Team Shelter
- Human Marble Run
- Team Skiing
- Wind Power
- Hydro Power
- Solar Reflection
- Solar Oven
- Solar Balloon
- Strongest Structure
- Longest Piece of Paper
- Newspaper Bridge
- Strong Paper Rope
- Paper Plane
- Pirate Hat Challenge
- Pirate Spyglass Challenge
- Pirate Weaponry Challenge
- Pirate Ship Challenge
- Pirate Flag Challenge
- Pirate Treasure Map Challenge?
- Ghost Trap Challenge
- Candy Bag Challenge
- Floating Ghost Challenge
- Candy Bucket Weight Challenge
- Ghost Train Challenge
- Ski Jump Challenge
- Bobsled Challenge
- Ice Hockey Challenge
- Figure Skating Challenge
- Winning Medal Challenge
- Theseus and the Minotaur
- Loch Ness Monster
- Robin Hood
- The Trojan Horse
- Maui and the Sun
- X-Wing Star Fighter Challenge
- Light Sabre Challenge
- Sand Crawler Challenge
- Rocket Ship Challenge
- Water slide
- Beach Chair
- Easter Egg Protection
- Easter Egg Zipline Challenge
- Easter Chick Enclosure
- Easter Egg Dispenser
- Easter Bunny Burrow Arch
- Build a car to fit the classes 'average' family
- Design something to display your 'All about me information'
- Alternatives to plastic bags
- Design a chocolate box using mathematics
- 96 STEM tasks in 12 different choice board themes. Great for homework or early finishers
- Cover page for juniors (can be used as a color-in)
- Cover page for seniors (can be used as a color-in)
- Design Brief worksheet for K-2 (larger writing, larger line spacing, more space for drawing and less text)
- Design Brief worksheet for 3-6
- Design Changes worksheet for K-2
- Design Modification worksheet for 3-6
- Test & Evaluate worksheet for K-2
- Test & Evaluate worksheet for 3-6
- 10 x Color-in pages - I can invent, I can create, I can build, I can design, I am an
Engineer (both boy and girl images)
The design questions(included) allow students to build on how they analyze and evaluate their own designs. By the end of the challenges it is expected that students should be able to better verbalize and explain their learning.
Color and greyscale versions
These STEM activities best suit grades 3 to 6
With guidance they can be used for younger grades and with more time restrictions or when using the extension suggestions they can be used for older grades also.
These task cards are A5 size, you can fit two cards on one page. If you would like to print as a full page please select 'fit to page' in your printer options.
--- Other products you might like ---
★Follow My Store CURIOSITY and the HUNGRY MIND