PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
31.82 MB | 31 pages
This STEM pack has everything you need to implement a fun Christmas themed STEM challenge once a week in the month of December. Incorporate STEM with a twist of Christmas fun all while getting your Science standards taught.
STEM challenges work best with groups and encourages design and construction, while working through the engineering process.
Included in the pack is all the directions, lab sheets, graphs, constraint cards, and even pictures to help you get started to include a fun filled STEM lesson in your classroom. This pack is perfect for completing one STEM challenge per week during the month of October. Most of the supplies are very inexpensive and are things that can be found easily around the house. The STEM challenges are as follows:
● Christmas Tree - Groups will design and construct a the tallest freestanding Christmas tree.
● Flying Reindeer - Groups will design and construct a reindeer that can zip down a zip line in the quickest amount of time.
● Snowball Shooter - Groups will design and construct a slingshot that can shoot "snowballs" the farthest distance.
● Santa's Sleigh - Groups will design and construct a new sleigh for Santa that can hold the most amount of weight.
Every challenge includes:
● Teacher Guides with complete step by step instructions
● STEM recording sheets and graphs for each challenge
● Constraint Cards to be used in groups
● Material Cards for each challenge
Check back or follow me - I plan on adding more themed STEM challenges very soon!