A fun Christmas STEM Challenge for the winter holidays! Students will design a zip line vehicle to save an elf from a high shelf. This hands-on activity is an engaging design challenge that allows students to work in teams, apply the engineering design process, and connect math topics to real-world applications. As a student-driven assignment, the purpose of the teacher is to act as a facilitator. You will provide the structure to the project, but students will take an active role in designing and building their zip line vehicles. Our students have loved this activity, and we know yours will too!
Included in this product:
- Detailed teachers guide with links to resources
- Student handouts to guide them through the design process
- Student recording sheet for each step of the process
- Math connection problems including angles, ratios, geometry, and graphing
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about new discounts, freebies and product launches!
Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.
Check Out Our Related Products!
• Science and Engineering STEM Critical Thinking Challenges
• Science & Engineering Careers BINGO Game
• Math and Sports STEM Activities/Project: Ratios and Proportions
• Math and Music Activity/Project: Ratios and Proportions
• STEM Catapult Challenge