S.T.E.M. education is the way to go!
The activities included in this set are designed to either stand alone OR be a supportive part of a larger unit on technology/inventions/ and S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math).
The following 12 pages include activities which are geared to better help students in grades 3-6 understand how inventions have shaped our world. It was created to engage students in what others have done in the past and to get them involved in the creative process of inventing in their present-day classroom!
The purpose is also a hope for the future; to spark an interest that could be the beginning of a lifelong adventure and love of science, technology, engineering, and math! (And the Arts, too.)
1. A research activity project on famous inventions and inventors of the past.
2. An “invention activity” for students to explore their creative abilities and ideas.
3. A worksheet on the reasons/purposes people invent to helps students better understand their purpose for creating.
4. Two rubrics to help guide research and the creative process.
5. A worksheet that I call: “The Engineering Process” which can be applied to S.T.E.M. education or a unit on design/engineering.