Products in this Bundle (11)
showing 1-5 of 11 products
Students will love these STEM Engineering Challenges! Teachers will love that the materials are inexpensive and easy to find. These NGSS STEM activities will have students using design thinking and conducting fair tests for these engineering challenges. This bundle includes several STEM engineering resources from my store. They are combined here with a savings of 20%.
STEM Engineering Challenges Set One
Great for STEM camps, Science Camps, Summer Science, School Programs, and in-class activities. Each activity includes a lesson plan and follow-up pages.
This resource is designed to meet the NGSS standards for 3rd-5th grade.
3-5-ETS1-1. Define a simple design problem reflecting a need or a want that includes specified criteria for success and constraints on materials, time, or cost.
3-5-ETS1-2. Generate and compare multiple possible solutions to a problem based on how well each is likely to meet the criteria and constraints of the problem.
3-5-ETS1-3. Plan and carry out fair tests in which variables are controlled and failure points are considered to identify aspects of a model or prototype that can be improved.
Students will use ALL Science and Engineering Practices
- Asking questions (for science) and defining problems (for engineering)
- Developing and using models
- Planning and carrying out investigations
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Using mathematics and computational thinking
- Constructing explanations (for science) and designing solutions (for engineering)
- Engaging in argument from evidence
- Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
Students will enjoy these easy to do STEM Challenges
Balloon Powered Car
Stacking Cups Challenge
Ping Pong Ball Launcher
Float the Boat
Build a Bridge
Materials needed include:
Ping pong all
Created by Lynda R. Williams
Teaching Science With Lynda
Would you like to see student work samples of the balloon-powered car?
* My resources are secure and not editable for copyright reasons.
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
Please see my other resources.