Problem solving and engineering skills are cultivated with this ready-to use set of 120 mystery box design challenges
. I love these as an engaging way to integrate engineering challenges into my every day class.
Students select a random design challenge and build a prototype out of only the materials available in their mystery box. Students write a paragraph that explains the problem and how their design solves the problem.
Challenges include everything from design a machine that cleans the air to creating a uniform for Saturn’s basketball team. The challenges can take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour.
This bundle includes:
- S.T.E.M. Engineering Challenge: Mystery Box
- S.T.E.M. Engineering Challenge: Mystery Box #2
- S.T.E.M. Engineering Challenge: Mystery Box #3
Included in this growing bundle
- 120 Ready-to-use design problems for students
- Student handouts including directions and write-up template
- Teacher's guide with step-by-step instructions for multiple ways to use
- Suggestions for extensions
This purchase is for one teacher only. This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Math Mondays (all about teaching math).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.