Mystery Box Design Challenge
is an engaging way to integrate engineering challenges into your classroom. Students select a random design challenge. Students then build a prototype out of only the materials available in their mystery box. Students write a paragraph that explains the problem and how their design solves the problem. Challenges include everything from design a machine that cleans the air to creating a uniform for Saturn’s basketball team. The challenges can take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour.
by purchasing as part of the S.T.E.M. Mystery Box Design Challenge Bundle
with 120 design challenges.
Mystery Box Design Challenge can be used individually or in small groups. Use as a warm-up, at activity centers, for differentiation, or as an entire class lesson. There are 40 challenges included in this guide, enough to fill an entire school year. Stretch your students minds and engineering skills with these fun activities.
Included in this Guide
- 40 Ready-to-use design problems for students
- Student handouts including directions and write-up template
- Teacher's guide with step-by-step instructions for multiple ways to use
- Suggestions for extensions
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Get the Scoop
Find out about weekly deals, sales, product launches, free stuff and giveaways by clicking on the follow me