Also included in
- This is a year-long bundle for 5th grade NGSS. This bundle covers all the standards for the year for fifth grade NGSS. These resources will engage students in hands-on lessons in the 5 E format. Resources also include response pages, informational text articles, interactive notebook inserts, compre$93.80$117.25Save $23.45
- NGSS Fifth Grade Bundle: This bundle covers all the standards for NGSS 5th grade for the entire year. Each unit is complete and addresses a standard. You save 20% by purchasing this bundle for fifth-grade science. This year-long 5th-grade science bundle is outstanding!The following resources are in$67.84$84.80Save $16.96
- NGSS Third Grade Bundle: This bundle covers all the standards for NGSS 3rd grade for the entire year. Students will love these engaging third-grade science lessons. Each unit meets one or more of the NGSS third-grade standards. Are you looking for resources made by someone who understands NGSS? I ha$77.80$94.75Save $16.95
- Students will love these STEM Engineering Challenges! Teachers will love that the materials are inexpensive and easy to find. These NGSS STEM activities will have students using design thinking and conducting fair tests for these engineering challenges. This bundle includes several STEM engineering$36.24$45.30Save $9.06
- This third-grade science bundle includes all of my resources for third-grade NGSS,as well as third-grade resources for reading informational text. Save 20% by purchasing this huge bundle. Teachers and school districts will love this third-grade Huge NGSS Bundle with a wide variety of labs, centers,$145.20$180.75Save $35.55
- This fourth-grade science bundle includes all of my resources for 4th-grade NGSS as well as fourth-grade resources for reading informational text. Teachers and school districts will love this fourth-grade Huge NGSS Bundle with a wide variety of labs, centers, nonfiction articles, and more. This Bund$145.96$180.70Save $34.74
- This NGSS 5th-grade bundle covers the entire year of NGSS standards for fifth grade. This bundle also includes reading informational text units with a science theme. Purchase in the bundle and save 20%. You will love this great bundle for fifth grade science.Science Resources in this Bundle:Identify$134.20$167.25Save $33.05
Students will love these STEM Challenges! These NGSS STEM activities will have students using design thinking and conducting fair tests for these engineering challenges. Teachers will love that the materials are inexpensive and easy to find.
In this second set of STEM challenges, students will experience different challenges than in STEM Engineering Challenges Set One NGSS STEM Engineering Challenges 3-5-ETS1-1, 3-5-ETS1-2 and 3-5-ETS1-3 All of these challenges can be used separately and in any order.
NGSS STEM Engineering Challenges for 3rd through 5th grade!
Students will watch a slideshow about Fair Tests and variables. Students will learn about fair testing, variables, and design thinking. Students will create a prototype, test it and record the results, students will then adjust the design by changing the independent variable. Test the new design and record the results.
This resource includes 5 different STEM challenges. Each challenge has a detailed lesson plan with photos of student work samples. Response pages are included. Tips for teachers, questions for discussion, and BIG Science ideas are included for each challenge.
Students will use critical thinking, collaboration, communication, and creativity in these fun activities.
Great for STEM camps, Science Camps, Summer Science, School Programs, and in-class activities. Would you like to see the balloon cars in action?
This resource is designed to meet the NGSS standards for 3rd-5th grade.
3-5-ETS1-1. Define a simple design problem reflecting a need or a want that includes specified criteria for success and constraints on materials, time, or cost.
3-5-ETS1-2. Generate and compare multiple possible solutions to a problem based on how well each is likely to meet the criteria and constraints of the problem.
3-5-ETS1-3. Plan and carry out fair tests in which variables are controlled and failure points are considered to identify aspects of a model or prototype that can be improved.
Students will use ALL Science and Engineering Practices
- Asking questions (for science) and defining problems (for engineering)
- Developing and using models
- Planning and carrying out investigations
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Using mathematics and computational thinking
- Constructing explanations (for science) and designing solutions (for engineering)
- Engaging in argument from evidence
- Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
Students will enjoy these easy to do STEM Challenges
Balloon Powered Car
Please see my other resources for NGSS
Materials needed include:
Ping pong ball
Resource created by Lynda R. Williams
Teaching Science With Lynda
* My resources are secure and not editable for copyright reasons.
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
See other resources for NGSS Engineering!