Also included in
- STEM / STEAM All Year Long Curriculum Bundle! A total of 28 Challenges! Each STEM Challenge has detailed directions, photo examples, a list of materials needed, prediction section, brainstorming section, trials 1, 2, & 3, final results section with drawings, and a reflection section. This bundle$34.99$43.22Save $8.23
- STEM / STEAM (85+ Challenges) Growing Bundle - All the StudentSavvy STEM Resources! Currently Contains Over 85 STEM Challenges! Every STEM Challenge has detailed directions, photo examples, a list of materials needed, a prediction section, a brainstorming section, trials 1, 2, & 3, a final resul$110.00$161.21Save $51.21
STEM Gamers / Games Challenges
Perfect challenges for students who love technology and games!
This resource has science, technology, engineering, and measurement activities to do with your upper elementary kids that will really enhance their learning!
There are 3 Game-related STEM Challenges in this pack. Each STEM Challenge has detailed directions, photo examples, a list of materials needed, prediction section, brainstorming section, trials 1, 2, & 3, final results section with drawings, and a reflection section.
The STEM Challenges include:
1. Pinball Machine Challenge! Students must design a Pinball machine that contains the following properly-functioning parts: flippers, drain, holes, bumpers, and plunger. For extending learning, students can decide to incorporate a spring in the design of their plunger. Students must be able to successfully launch the ball using the plunger. They must have a certain number of obstacles such as bumpers an holes that award points to the player. The flippers must be able to function in preventing the ball from reaching the drain. (More directions are found in the resource)
2.Code a Video Game Challenge! first) Students will work together to plan and design a game with characters, obstacles, and commands. The game must have an objective with a starting point and a finishing point. It is up to the group how detailed they would like their game to be. Once the board is put together, students will split into their two groups – the players and the programmers. The programmers will be in charge of developing the game – placing the obstacles, characters, and writing down the commands in the exact order that will allow the players to win the game. It is up to the programmers how difficult they want their game to be. (More directions are found in the resource)
3. Foosball Table Challenge! Students must construct a functioning foosball table that has at least 12 players (6 per player) and 6 rods. (3 per player) Students must be able to push, pull, and turn the rods properly to move the players. The players must be secure enough to not fall off and hit the ball properly. There must be two opposing goals that the ball can be knocked into by the players. (More directions are found in the resource)
Tips for Savvy TpT Shoppers:
How to receive credit on TpT to use for future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page. Under each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, FREEBIES, and products:
• Look for a green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will now be able to see FREEBIES and customized emails from my store!
All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. (unless you purchase the multiple license)
✦Need assistance conducting STEM activities in the classroom? Try the STEM Handbook and Guide for Students!✦
You may be interested in the following STEM Resources: