This is a complete STEM Nursery Rhyme Unit
to go along with the nursery rhyme "Tiny Tim". Easily incorporate STEM activities
into your classroom with this pack!
• Science – Bubble Experiment -
2 experiments using bubbles - the first can be done as an introduction to the properties of bubbles and to get students used to using pipe cleaners as you teach vocabulary terms. The second can be done either as a whole group demonstration or in small groups.
• Technology – QR Codes
with links to YouTube videos with alternate versions of the rhyme – these are Safeshare links so no ads will display.
• Engineering Challenge
– students create a multi-bubble wand for Tiny Tim, using pipe cleaners.
• Math – Measuring
– students measure the width of different characters and objects with the soap bar rulers provided. There are two different size rulers so you can discuss non-standard measurement. Recording sheet is provided.
• Tiny Tim Number Puzzle
– cut out and laminate puzzle. Students put the numbers 1-10 in order to make the puzzle.
• Turtle Pattern Blocks Picture
– with student recording sheet.
• Turtle 3d shape match-up
– can be sorted in a pocket chart or played as a game with students identifying the cards. If they identify the shape correctly they get to keep it, if not they return it to the bottom of the deck. The player with the most cards at the end wins.
• Turtle Addition clip cards
– students clip a clothespin on the correct answer to an addition equation.
– full color version of rhyme and a black & white copy for students. Students can circle sight words or specific letters on their copies. A cut and paste sequencing sheet is also included.
Art – Bubble Art turtles
. Students paint a turtle using bubble wrap!
This unit is also included in my STEM Nursery Rhyme Bundle 1 here