This bundle contains a set of resources for a complete STEM Unit Project on sources of renewable energy. Students learn about renewable vs. non-renewable energy and the pros and cons of each - coal/gas/oil vs. solar, wind, hydro, biomass, and geothermal forms. Students then conduct research (9 articles included) and pick one form of renewable energy to research more in-depth.
Students will take on the role of advisor to the President, and write a persuasive letter (sentence starters & rubric provided) based on their chosen form of energy. After, students create a presentation to share with the class.
For the math component to this STEM project, a lesson is included in which students write an equation to determine the approximate financial cost of each from of energy in various scenarios to provide a cost-benefit analysis.
THIS BUNDLE INCLUDES:
- Unit plan: essential questions, culminating tasks, standards addressed, vocabulary terms, timeframe breakdown, interdisciplinary topics covered, and instructional objectives
- SMART Notebook introductory lesson on Sources of Renewable Energy and guided notes
- Graphic organizers for student researcuh
- 9 informational articles on types of renewable models
- A cost-analysis lesson including SMART Notebook, guided notes, and formal lesson plan
- PowerPoint outline for student presentations, with slide-by-slide breakdown of requirements
- Sentence starters for persuasive writing piece (differentiation option)
- Peer editing checklist for persuasive writing piece
- Rubrics (2)
- Reflection questions