Take your students on a journey of hands-on discovery with STEM Safari!
Over 60 challenges to keep your students engaged and learning all year long!
Perfect for all elementary grades!
- 18 Elephant Engineering Cards (engineering challenges)
- 18 Cheetah Challenge Cards (challenges with specific parameters in place)
- 18 Rhino Riddle Cards ("How can you...?" challenges)
- 9 Warthog Wonderings Cards (reflection questions and challenges)
- Buffalo Building Cards (free choice building)
- Animal Checklist
- Africa Map
- STEM Safari Journal
- Supply Labels with Photographs
- EDITABLE Supply Labels
- Suggested Master Supply List
- Implementation Guide
How STEM Safari Works:
- During each STEM session, allow students to select a Cheetah Challenge, Rhino Riddle, Elephant Engineering, Buffalo Building, or Warthog Wonderings card to complete. Cards that say “write about it” should be completed in the STEM Safari Journal.
- As students complete each type of challenge, they check it off on their animal checklist.
- When students have checked off each animal, they color in one country on their Africa map, then begin a new animal checklist as they “journey” to a new country. With over 60 challenges, there are plenty of options to keep students engaged all school year!
For more detail about using STEM Safari, check out my blog post here!
*Please note: Due to file size, the preview is only a small sample of what is included, and does not show the entire product.*
Distance Learning Tips
- Upload the challenge cards, student journals, maps, and checklists to your chosen platform
- Have students choose a challenge card to complete, using common items around the home
- Have students fill out their journals, checklists and maps to mark their progress
- If possible, have students upload a picture of their finished products and their journal entries
You may also like Jack and the Beanstalk: A STEM Story This unique rendition of the classic tale has STEM challenges interwoven throughout the story which influence events.
If you have any questions about this product, please contact me before purchasing.
Thank you so much for your purchase!
Don't forget to check out my other classroom printables, and please return to leave some feedback!
Copyright © 2019 Amber Hock, M.Ed.
All rights reserved by the author.
This product is for your own classroom or homeschooling use only-NOT for commercial resale.