Use this STEM design brief with students in K-3rd.
Read one of the many versions of "Rapunzel" or simply discuss the story. This lesson is designed to practice designing and constructing a structure that will protect an object. It's a great way to practice a hands-on project in literature! Students are then presented with the design brief and given the problem of helping Rapunzel safely get to the ground.
Included in this download:
- Teacher's Guide (How To: Implement STEM)
- Design Brief (Lesson Plan)
- Criteria Page (Poster for student visual)
- Vocabulary Terms (Post for another visual)
- Brainstorming (Planning sheet for students)
- Self Reflection and Rubric
- STEM or STEAM posters in 4 different colors
Check out Fair Tale STEM Version 2 bundle here: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/STEM-Bundle-Fairytales-Version-2-2148608
Check out Fairy Tale STEM Version 1, at a discounted price here! https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/STEM-Bundle-FairyTales-1837962