This exciting unit is designed to help kindergarteners dig deeper into the book The Little Red Hen through rhyming, vocabulary, writing, alphabet, letter sounds, word building and S.T.E.A.M. activities. Each activity can be used whole group or as a station. Ideas on how to manage the activities as stations along with photos are included.
1. There are 12 colorful rhyming cards. There is also an activity page for students to show what they know.
2. The vocabulary and writing activities have colorful cards and writing activities.
3. The word building station can be used along with Playdough to teach the color words.
4. I have also included 26 alphabet cards that can be used to form a book or playdough mats for an alphabet station and a letter sounds station. There are additional story characters for a fun beginning sounds hunt.
5. The STEM activity for this unit is making individual bowls of playdough.
There are additional activities and extensions for many of the lessons.
Check out the preview for more details.
Check out my blog on ideas for setting up stations and using the materials. https://coogleitinkindergarten.blogspot.com/