This exciting unit is designed to help kindergarteners dig deeper into the book How Do Dinosaurs Go To School? through rhyming, vocabulary, alphabet, word building and S.T.E.A.M. activities. Each activity can be used whole group or as a station. Ideas on how to manage the activities as stations along with photos are included.
1. There are 6 colorful rhyming cards. There is also an activity page for students to show what they know.
2. The vocabulary words are illustrated in both small and large cards. The words lend themselves into discussions about good and bad school behavior and opposites.
3. The word building station introduces the words I and like. Students practice building words and making simple sentences.
4. I have also included 26 alphabet cards that can be used to form a book or playdough mats.
5. Finally, a fun S.T.E.M. activity challenges children to get as many dinosaurs as possible to school.