This exciting unit is designed to help kindergarteners dig deeper into books about pets through rhyming, vocabulary, alphabet, word building and STEM /S.T.E.A.M. activities. Each activity can be used whole group or as a station. Ideas on how to manage the activities as stations along with photos are included.
1. There are 6 colorful rhyming cards. There is also an activity page for students to show what they know.
2. The vocabulary words are illustrated in both small and large cards. The words lend themselves into discussions about responsibility and needs of living things.
3. The word building station introduces the words I, like and the.. Students practice building words and making simple sentences.
4. I have also included 26 alphabet cards that can be used to form a book or playdough mats.
5. Finally, a fun STEAM activity challenges students to build a shelter for a pet.