STEM in my Community Map Making Challenge Canva Template (distance learning)
- Internet Activities
Also included in
- Explore STEM careers through this collection of 28 fun, self-paced Google Slides STEM Challenges! Upper middle and early high school students will explore a wide variety of digital media to explore STEM careers, create hands-on projects, and connect with additional resources to fuel their passions -Price $195.04Original Price $216.72Save $21.68
STEM is an important part of every community in the USA. PROVE IT in this STEM in My Community Map Making Challenge! Provided as an editable Canva template, this project will scaffold students through STEM exploration and help them make connections to 'STEM spots' right in the local community! Purchase includes:
- PDF directions sheet for uploading in your virtual classroom. Includes directions for students and direct links to editable Canva STEM in My Community Map Making Challenge template (students will need a FREE Canva account to access and use the Canva template), YouTube directions video created by me to explain the project, and an example of a completed project done by a student. (2 page PDF)
- editable Canva template file including: a) YouTube video directions for students b) Surrounded by STEM infographic (available for individual purchase here) with page for reflection questions, c) step by step directions to guide students through the STEM in My Community Map Making Challenge, d) fun STEM related digital stickers to help students get started and make their STEM map look awesome (12 page EDITABLE Canva template)
- a 5 minute instructional video (made by me) to show the basics of how to use Canva, as well as how to use the template itself
- example of a completed student STEM map project (3 page Canva file)
Will take middle school students approximately 3 hours to complete, high school students a bit less. Students can then share their created templates with you, and/or download and use as a computer desktop background - super cool and fun for distance learning! A must have for Earth Day, a STEM elective, as a pre job shadow experience, and much more!
Supports CCSS.RST.6-8.7, TEKS.SCI.8.2.C, TEKS.SCI.6.2.C, and TEKS.SCI.7.2.C.
More STEM Career Readiness Resources:
- Middle School Intro to STEM Careers Curriculum
- STEM Careers of the Month Poster Bundle
- Vision Board Project with Editable Canva Template
- STEM Challenge Bundle: 29 distance learning STEM career exploration mini courses
- Job Shadow Bundle (editable templates, presentation, scavenger hunt, and more!)
- How to Write a Professional Email Lesson and Game
- Job Shadow Scavenger Hunt
- Job Shadow Employer FAQ Infographic & Email Letter Templates
- Job Shadow Presentation Project
- Student Information Form - back to school questionnaire & parent volunteer form
Want valuable download & go resources to help you effortlessly integrate STEM career exploration? Then get a copy of my FREE Quick Start STEM Career Exploration Kit!