PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Learning your own name is one of the first things you do as a reader and a writer - so when we want our students to master their names and the letters/sounds associated with those letters - we want to do that through meaningful and engaging activities!
This STEM-tastic NAME Activity pack does just that! The activities in this pack allow for students to learn their name, the letters associated with it, the sounds each letter produces within their name, and much more ALL while being engaged!
Included are over 100 pages that cover FIVE engaging name-learning activities for your students.
This STEM-themed activity pack includes the following five activities:
1. Build a Name! (students can use any STEM building material to build their name.)
- this activity includes name building templates, as well as tracing letter cards for students to build and use as a reference.
2. LEGO my NAME-O!
- students will use LEGOS to build their name. Lego letter cards are included with tracing options as well.
3. Picture my Name!
- students will take the letters in their name and build / design a picture for each letter to match the beginning sound! (example in preview!)
4. ART-riffic Names!
- students will take the provided letters and create art!
(examples - cover letter with torn paper, cut out/draw beginning pictures that match for each letter, use the life-size letters for name building activities, or create a student name book while integrating one the above art activities.)
5. Name in the News!
- Students will use authentic print (newspapers, magazines, etc...) to find the letters that make up their name. This activity is great because it exposes students to different font styles, sizes, and allows them to see print in an authentic form.
Materials Needed for this pack:
- any STEM type building material - including but not limited to - legos, play-doh, pipe cleaners, cubes, mini erasers, popsicle sticks, small blocks, etc....
When Would I do these in my classroom?
You can easily incorporate these into a fun whole-group getting to know you activity, or simply place the materials into learning station or table station for students to complete!
Many of the activities in this pack (letter cards, templates, etc..) - can also be used during your alphabet instruction and STEM alphabet activities!!
Please take a look at the preview for the 5 included activities as well as examples!
Feel free to ask any questions,