PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
EUREKA!!! After 2 years of researching (source list included), implementing in my own classroom, and tweaking, this STEP By STEP WRITING R.A.T.S. Text Dependent Analysis & Constructed Response Gradual Release of Responsibility SUCESS Program for Grades 2-8 is complete! This program is the ultimate writing program for any classroom, and here is why!
It consists of top-notched, research- based STEP BY STEP activities including consistent, evolving, graphic organizers that students can create on their own to use with ANY text. This resource was designed to meet all of your students' individual needs including your Learning Support & Advanced students.
This evolutionary program is also grade level specific and meets grades' 2-8 Common Core Standards. I, personally, feel that it is extremely important for teachers to understand the common core writing standards and student writing development process at each grade level. Therefore, this program contains STEP BY STEP activities for grade levels 2-8. Having this 2-8 program in its entirety, provides flexible, teaching opportunities to meet the needs of your learning support students, struggling students, on-level students, and advanced students.
Included in this Resource:
· Interactive Bulletin Board Printables
· Close Reading How to, Importance, Tips, & Printables
· How to Explain Constructed Response & TDA questions, prompt starters, levels of questioning, & teacher information
· K-8 Grade Level Must Be Taught Writing Skills & Standards
· Color and Black & White- What does It Mean & How to Write Posters/ Handouts on paragraphs, paraphrases, quotations & more
· Common TDA Terminology What to Do & How to Find It
· Leveled Checklists & Rubrics
· Chant with Motions to help students remember what to include in their responses
· Practice & Information about Question Words, Restates, Restate & Answer Domino Activity, and How to Write a Claim/Thesis
· How to Infer an Answer
· How to Analyze any Text & Activities
· How to Track Down Evidence & Explain It in any text & Activities
· How to write a Summary & a Game
· 2 Cut & Paste Practice Response Activities
· How to Synthesize Information & Activities
· Gradual Release of Responsibility Consistent between Grade Levels but Evolves Graphic Organizers
· Sentence STEM Bookmarks
· What Must Be included in Constructed Response Answers & TDA's at each Grade Level
· Proofreading Poster/Handout
· Grade Level Flip Books for students to Use as Reference Guides
· Resources- web addresses for multiple state samplers, my research sources, & more information
I hope you find this resource extremely helpful! If you have any questions or concerns regarding this product, please email me. Please also visit my TpT store for complimentary products including my Beginner Constructed Response Practice product.
Wishing you and your students writing success!
Purchasing this product is for the use of one teacher in his/her classroom. If you would like to share this product with others, please purchase additional licenses or the school 2-8 license. To use The Writing R.A.T.S. in any teaching products for sale, written consent must be obtained. Thank you for your understanding!