This unit for Stop the Sun, by Gary Paulsen, contains questions for both the main plot and for the narrative story-within-a-story. They are usable for both textbook versions of the story or the one found on line.
Also, there are writing prompts involving conflict and symbolism. This does very well in literature circles. Included are:
- Fifteen questions for the main-plot, interceded with writing prompts,
- Ten questions for the story-within-a-story - on a separate handout,
- A board page with map and brief summary of the Vietnam War,
- A word search for early finishers or just for fun,
- and ALL ANSWERS INCLUDED.
Please see the Preview for samples of two pages.
I also sell products for these short stories:
AN HOUR WITH ABUELO
MRS FLOWERS Basic Reading Questions
STOP THE SUN by Gary Paulsen
The Treasure of Lemon Brown