STORY ELEMENTS ASSIGNMENTS, PRESENTATIONS, & ORGANIZERS: Teach story elements with this huge 150 page bundle! Included are presentations, handouts, graphic organizers, worksheets, and fun activities to teach all the elements of fiction (Character, Plot, Conflict, Mood, Tone, Point of View, Setting, Theme).
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS RESOURCE:
♥ There are no words to describe the value of this product. Very thorough! My students are going to LOVE the format, the colors, and the examples provided for each element. THIS IS A MUST-HAVE!!! Thank you very much for creating this amazing resource!
♥ I'll second the person who said it was worth every penny. The kids LOVED it and are quick to remember the lessons weeks later. Thank you so much!
♥ This was just what I was looking for! It has video examples that my students greatly enjoyed. One of the best purchases I have made so far!
♥ I have used this resource the last few weeks and I love it! The information is presented in a student friendly way, the graphic organizers look great, and my students love the movie/tv show clips. Thanks for this most excellent resource.
♥ This is one of the best resources I have purchased from Teachers Pay Teachers. The examples and Youtube clips are great, and the PowerPoints are perfect. Thank you!
♥ Fantastic! This bundle has everything you could possibly want for teaching literature, laid out in a way that is at once informative, fun and relatable to the students. The powerpoints were visual and fun, and the graphic organizers and worksheets helped students display their knowledge to great effect. Highly recommend!
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE (Click Titles For More Information):
• A 26 slide Powerpoint presentation that covers the following topics: Why characters are important, Types of character (Protagonist, Antagonist, Dynamic, Round, Static, Flat, Stock), Direct and Indirect Characterization, The STEAL Method of character analysis (Speech, Thoughts, Effect On Others, Action, Looks). The presentation also uses lots of written examples as well as some movie examples (with links to youtube videos) to illustrate character types
• A STEAL Graphic Organizer that students can use to analyze a character from ANY reading.
• A "It Says, I Say, And So" Graphic Organizer that allows student to look more deeply at the text when analyzing character.
• Creative Character Analysis Assignments
→ Txt Me L8R
→ Character Fakebook Page
→ Message Me!
→ Choose Your Apps
→ Character Online Dating Profile
→ Check My Internet History
• A 30 slide Powerpoint presentation that includes the following information: What is conflict?, 2 Main types of conflict (internal, external), Person Vs Self, Person Vs Person, Person Vs Society, Person Vs Environment.
• A graphic organizer that allows students to analyze the use of conflict in any reading you are doing (or have already done) in class. The organizer has students determine the conflict used in the text as well as the impact that the conflict has on the plot, characters, mood and tone.
MOOD & TONE
• A 15 slide Powerpoint presentation that covers the following topics: What is Tone? / What is Mood?, Examples Of Words To Describe Tone / Mood, Tone Activity, How to Find Tone / Mood, Examples With Explanations For Both
• A mood vs tone printable worksheet with detailed answer key that gives students a reading passage and asks them to determine the tone, mood, and give an explanation.
POINT OF VIEW
• A 15 slide Powerpoint presentation that covers the following topics: What is Point Of View?, Why Is It Important?, First Person Point Of View, Second Person Point Of View, Third Person Omniscient, Third Person Limited, Third Person Objective. The presentation also includes lots of examples with detailed explanations, so students will understand more clearly.
• A Student reference sheet for them to keep as a reminder of each of the types of narration.
• A ready-to-use worksheet where students are given passages of text and are required to determine the point of view with an explanation
• A detailed answer key for the worksheet that makes marking a breeze!
• A 13 slide Powerpoint presentation that covers the following topics: What Is Setting?, Physical Setting, Time, Social Environment, Setting Checklist, Setting Description (with example). Setting and Mood, Video Clip Examples (youtube required)
• A Setting Graphic Organizer that students can use to analyze the Setting (physical setting, time period, and social environment) from ANY reading.
• A creative assignment where students become a 'tour guide' to describe a setting from any reading.
• A 15 slide Powerpoint presentation that includes the following information: What is plot?, What are the main elements of the plot diagram with explanations for each (Exposition, Rising Action, Climax, Falling Action, Resolution), A quick check for understanding (to formatively assess if students have learned the information, Different types of plot with examples (Linear, Flashback, Flash-Forward, In Medias Res)
• A graphic organizer that allows students to analyze the use of the plot diagram in any reading you are studying in class. The organizer has students explain what happens in each of the elements of the plot diagram. The graphic organizer could also be used to help them formulate their own narrative!
• A 16 slide Powerpoint presentation that covers the following topics: What is theme?, How to find theme, The difference between topic and theme, How theme is revealed through plot, characters, and conflict, Universal themes, and Thematic statements. The presentation also uses some examples of movies and popular songs (with links to videos) to illustrate what a thematic statement looks like.
• A thematic statement graphic organizer where students apply their understanding of theme to any reading you are studying (or have already studied) in class.
• A list of possible thematic topics that students can use as a reference.
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More Bundles By Presto Plans!
TpT BEST SELLER: ENGLISH BELL RINGERS
POETRY RESOURCE BUNDLE
BACK TO SCHOOL RESOURCES
© Presto Plans
★CLICK HERE TO RECEIVE 10 FREE ENGLISH TEACHER RESOURCES!