This is a 6-page storytime kit or activity pack to use with students after reading Ada Twist, Scientist written by Andrea Beaty and illustrated by David Roberts. This is a great book to read before a research project, science experiment, or when discussing scientists.
The kit asks students to:
(1) answer questions about the book
(2) complete their own Great Thinking Hall by brainstorming questions about one topic
(3) illustrate a stinky item in their empty jar
(4) do brief background research on Marie Curie and complete a graphic organizer
(5) do brief background research on Ada Lovelace and complete a graphic organizer
(6) complete a word search using vocabulary words from the book
This product is for personal use only. Duplication for others, or for an entire department, school, or school system is prohibited.
*Why this product was made*
I'm a librarian who loves sharing picture books with my students. I try to craft activities I can use year after year to reinforce reading and writing skills, connect to ELA standards, and encourage students to enjoy picture books no matter their age/grade.
*Questions? Need help?*
Please ask if you have any questions about this product by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. I will get back to you right away!
I welcome your fair feedback and rating below! You can earn TpT credits toward future purchases by letting me know if this product was useful.