Student Loans and Debt
Investing Wisely in Your Education
Student debt has become serious problem in American. The average student that graduates has over $35,000 in student debt. Many students are coming out of a career school or college with a ton of debt and can’t find a good paying career. More and more students are struggling to pay their student loans or have defaulted on their loans and are finding it difficult to survive financially. Therefore, it has become very important for students to learn about the student debt crisis and learn to make wise choices about borrowing money for school and selecting the right educational path. This self-guided lesson covers the following objectives:
• Define student loans, grants, and scholarships.
• Identify the trend with student debt in the U.S.
• Describe how it is important to evaluate risks and rewards when borrowing money for school.
• Identify things you should consider before borrowing money for school.
• Explain the requirements of paying back student loans.
Please take a look at these other lessons that are related to personal finance.
Credit Cards; Disadvantages and Advantages
Comparison Shopping, Being a Wise Consumer
Consumer Awareness, COMMON SCAMS STUDENTS SHOULD BE AWARE OF
Feedback is Greatly Appreciated.
Michael K. Powell