Directions: CONGRATULATIONS! You are now the educator! You are tasked with becoming an expert of your selected Civil War event and/or battle and then teaching your classmates about your topic. You will receive a 20-minute “mini-lesson block” to present your event and/or battle. The assignment description, expectations, timeline and rubric are attached.
This document includes...
- Project Description
- List of Resources
- Graphic Organizer - Informational Notes
- Graphic Organizer - Presentation Planning Form
- Four Rubrics (Content + Format, Presentation, Use of Class Time, Audience Participation)
- Sample Schedule/Calendar
*This project is designed for an 8th grade United States History II course, the duration may be a few weeks to a month or more (ideally, the students assume the role of teacher for the duration of the unit). This download includes 11 specific events/battles of the Civil War. It can easily modified to include less or more.
*This resource may be used in connection with other uploads found at...
- Battles of CW Powerpoint (https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Battles-of-the-Civil-War-Powerpoint-2348748)
- Battles of CW Notes Packet (https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Notes-Battles-of-the-Civil-War-1630181)
After purchasing this product, please take a moment to review. I welcome any and all feedback - questions, areas of strengths and suggestions as to how I can better serve my fellow educators. I appreciate the support!