Sometimes the most difficult part of teaching is the unplanned absence when you have no idea who your substitute teacher will be. The truth is not every substitute teacher can enter your classroom and immediately teach your lesson. So give your class a day-off from the normal routine but keep things educational at the same time.
This purchase will have you covered for 1-2 days easily with a great article that all teens (and smart adults) will find useful.
This emergency lesson plan focuses on the topic of HEALTHY EATING and why it is important for the human body (especially the developing teen). Numerous tips and examples are provided as well as a useful chart that highlights healthy eating habits.
I use this same plan for my middle school science classroom because I follow the K.I.S.S. motto (Keeping It Stress-free (for the) Substitute)! I guarantee the items in this purchase will keep your students working for 1-2 days.
Your purchase includes:
1) 4-page article YOUR GUIDE TO HEALTHY EATING (works great in science, language arts, health, or P.E. classrooms)
2) Question sheet with 24 questions of varying styles that will encourage students to refer to the article and think beyond the article to their own life (questions also focus on key vocabulary)
3) Healthy Eating Planning Chart which allows students to reflect on their own eating choices over the course of a seven day week
4) Healthy Food Vocabulary Map which allows students to take eating examples from the article and build a semantic map
5) Wordsearch Puzzle and Sentence Writing which helps students refer back to key vocabulary and concepts from the article (answer key provided)
All of these items are included as MS-Word documents which will make any editing easy so all papers fit the needs of your classroom.
Thank you for your purchase and for taking the time to leave me positive feedback...and enjoy your stress-free day off.