A unit lesson plan with 6 sessions on teaching and learning resources of subject-verb agreement based on New Bloom's Taxonomy.
After completing this unit students will be able to:
- SESSION 1 - REMEMBERING: Recall and recognise the parts of a sentence.
- SESSION 2 - UNDERSTANDING: Discuss and describe subject-verb concordance rules.
- SESSION 3 - APPLYING: Apply and demonstrate the accurate knowledge of subject and verb in a sentence.
- SESSION 4 - ANALYSING: Analyse and infer the sentence patterns in relation to subject and verb.
- SESSION 5 - EVALUATING: Assess and evaluate the use of subjects that agree with verbs in sentences.
- SESSION 6 - CREATING: Create and compose new sentence patterns with subject-verb concordance.
This download includes:
- Scaffolding Notes 1: Subject-Verb Agreement
- EXERCISE 1: Supply an appropriate verb to each of these subjects to go with the visuals.
SESSION 1: REMEMBERING - RECALL-RECOGNISE
- EXERCISE 2: Identify and label the parts of a sentence from the given examples.
- Scaffolding Notes 2: Parts of a Sentence
SESSION 2: UNDERSTANDING - DISCUSS-DESCRIBE
- EXERCISE 3: List and explain the basic rules of subject-verb agreement with examples.
- Scaffolding Notes 3: Subject-Verb Agreement Rules
SESSION 3: APPLYING - APPLY-DEMONSTRATE
- EXERCISE 4: Examine and discover the agreement of subject and verb in a sentence.
SESSION 4: ANALYSING - ANALYSE-INFER
- EXERCISE 5: Explain the organization of the subject and verb in a sentence pattern.
SESSION 5: EVALUATING - ASSESS-EVALUATE
- EXERCISE 6: Verify and correct misplaced and dangling modifiers.
SESSION 6: CREATING - CREATE-COMPOSE
- EXERCISE 7: Demonstrate the mastery of the use of subjects that agree with verbs in writing.
- EXERCISE 8: · Demonstrate the mastery of the use of subject-verb agreement in writing.
- RUBRICS: Scaffolding Notes 4 - Subject-Verb Agreement Rubrics
- EXTENSIONS: EXERCISE 8 - Examine and discover the agreement of subject and verb in a sentence.
- PLENARY: EXERCISE 9 - Verify and correct the mistaken subject and deceptive agreement.
- EXERCISE 10: Correct the errors in subject-verb agreement in the following paragraph.
- EXERCISE 11: Circle the correct verb in each of the sentences.
Here are some possible uses for these in your classroom:
- To challenge early finishers
- For effective tutoring
- As ESL stations and sub tubs
- As holiday work and homework
- For small group collaborations
- For an end of unit assessments
- For reinforcement and enrichment
This is what teachers say about these resources:
Customer Tips: How to get TPT credit to use for future purchases
- Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
- Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
- I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
- Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a FOLLOWER. You will now receive email updates about this store. Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches.
Find Me Here: