This resource covers the integral, surface and deep features of Subject-Verb Agreement. It contains full-on activities and assessments to cover the skills of literacy in an easy, structured, cover-your-bases system. It includes everything you need to get going with Subject-Verb Agreement in your classroom.
Teachers can use this to enhance the language and writing skills of the learners, especially the technique needed to demonstrate the correct use of the verb to agree with the subject in writing.
• Review the rules of subject-verb agreement.
• Discover how subject-verb agreement forms vary in formal and informal English.
• Demonstrate comprehension by identifying and discussing subjects and verbs, whether or not they agree.
This Resource Includes:
1. Scaffolder Notes - 10 Rules
2. Teaching and Learning Activities
- Flipped Lesson Part - Video
- Lesson Starter and Success Criteria
- Development - Pair-Share, Mini-Plenary, Rubrics
- Differentiation - 5 Worksheets with Answers
- Plenary and Home Learning - 1 Worksheets with Answers
3. Common Core Standards and Skills
1. Ensure subject-verb agreement.
2. Apply rules of subject-verb agreement when the subject has compound parts joined by or with the second element as singular or plural.
3. Use context (e.g., the overall meaning of a sentence, or text; a word’s position or function in a sentence) as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase.
Here are some possible uses for these in your classroom:
✿ Early Finishers
✿ Sub tubs
✿ ESL stations/centres
✿ Holiday work
✿ Small group
✿ End of unit quick assessments
This is what teachers say about these resources:
✎"The perfect visual to help students remember to use capitalization while writing." – Mary Z.
✎"…nice reference sheet for my students." - Connie T.
✎"We use it as a reference every day." - Buyer
✎ "This is a great resource to include in the binders for future resources." - Patricia O.
✎ "A great resource for students to practice writing during center." - Jamie S.
✎ "Exactly what I needed…" - Threadkell
✎ "Thank you for doing all the work for me!" - Buyer
✎ "Love this engaging lesson plan!" - Buyer
✎ "This product was helpful for my ELD students!" – Rae E.
✎ "I cannot wait to use this!" – Dawn C.
✎ "Great resource! Looking forward to trying them all." – Jennifer S.
✎ "Can't wait to use this when I get back. Just love the approach to learning script writing skills." – Kathryn A.
✎ "Very excited about using this in my Intensive Reading classes." – Tammye G.
✎ "…the handouts are perfect for students to use as a reference while writing." – Mary Z.
✎ "Great resource for first aid presentations. I'll be using this with my class." - Jackie Malley
✎ "These task cards were perfect test practice!" - Michelle Pasierb
✎ "I really enjoy this information." - Debra Logan
✎ "I love this! I'm such a grammar and mechanics nerd." - Amy Dickson
How to get TPT credit to use for future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store. Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches.
Find Me Here:
o TPT Store - JOHN DSOUZA
o Pinterest - JOHN DSOUZA
o Facebook - TOMORROW’S CLASSROOM TODAY
o Instagram - JOHN421969
o Twitter - JOHN421969