'SUBTRACTION GAME' - Top or Tail - Players practise subtraction by overturning numeral cards then subtracting the largest number from the smallest. The die then decides if the highest or lowest total wins the hand.
To practise Subtraction using numbers 0 to 20
To reinforce the concept of odd and even numbers
What You Need:
2 or 3 players
4 lots of numerals 0 to 10
1 set of number cards 11 to 20
1 die marked 1 to 6
NB - Cards for numbers Zero to Twenty are included in this download. I have also included cards for +, -, x, ÷ & =. These are not needed for this particular game but mean you can use this set of orange ninja cards for other Math Games.
How to Play:
1. The person with the longest middle finger is the dealer.
2. Dealer shuffles the cards and shares them evenly between the players.
3. Players shuffle their cards into a personal deck and place them face down on the playing surface.
4. Each player then flips two cards from their deck, uses a strategy to work out the difference between the numbers and says the answer aloud.
NB In the event of a tie, players flip a second pair of cards (on top of the previous cards) and say the new cards' difference aloud.
5. Dealer throws the die.
If the number thrown is even (2, 4 or 6) the highest difference keeps the played cards.
If the number thrown is odd (1, 3 or 5) the lowest difference keeps the played cards.
6. When cards are won they are placed in a discard pile next to the player.
7. Play continues in this fashion until each player has no cards left.
8. Players then count the cards they have won and the player with the most cards wins the game.
Check Out My MEGA BUNDLE
It includes ALL
the great games in my store PLUS
every resource I make for the next YEAR
It is a book that just keeps on giving.
Take me to the Mother Load :-)