This resource contains everything you need to get going with Summary Writing in your classroom.
This Resource Includes:
1. A Detailed Lesson Plan
2. Assessment Rubrics
3. Summarizing Guide
4. List of Connectives
5. Sample Summary Text
6. Worksheets (3 Exercises)
• To understand the key techniques of a summary.
• To practice skim, scan and close read skills to highlight key ideas.
• To select and organize text relevant to the context.
• To use rhetoric for effect.
• To use sequences of sentences and paragraphs and link them to write an effective summary.
• To write a coherent summary using appropriate connectives effectively.
Teachers can use this to enhance the summarizing skills of the learners, especially the technique needed to identify and present key ideas.