- A bundle of 4 resources on summary writing.After completing this lesson, the students will be able to:Recognize and list the key techniques of a summary.Use skim, scan and close read skills to highlight key ideas.Select and organize text relevant to the context.Demonstrate understanding of writing a$10.00$7.00Save $3.00
- A bundle of 20 writing presentations for ESL students.This download includes:Imaginative WritingNarrative WritingBiography WritingArticle WritingReport WritingArgumentative WritingDescriptive WritingDiary WritingPersuasive WritingSummary WritingReview WritingParagraph WritingDialogue WritingCreating$81.00$56.00Save $25.00
- Product Description
A lesson presentation that presents teaching and learning resources on summary writing.
After completing this lesson, the students will be able to:
- Recognize and list the key techniques of a summary.
- Use skim, scan and close read skills to highlight key ideas.
- Select and organize text relevant to the context.
- Demonstrate understanding of writing a coherent summary using appropriate connectives effectively.
This Resource includes:
- Vocabulary Overview - Summary
- Real Life Application and Cross-Curriculum Links
- Flipped Lesson Part - Videos and Websites
- Success Criteria - Summarizing Checklist
- Summarizing the nursery rhymes.
- Bands/Marks for Summary Style and Quality of Writing
- 5 Finger Retell
- 8 Easy Steps of Summarizing
- Pair-Share: Evaluating the summaries.
- Think-Write: Identifying the summary elements of a text.
- Write-Share: Identifying the summary elements of a story.
Mini-Plenary: 4 Online Quizzes
Differentiated Tasks: Summarizing the given topic.
Extensions: Cube Curator, Haiku Poem
Plenary: Selecting a phrase that best summarizes the given extract.
- Preparing questions based on main idea and details of a summary.
- Summarizing by describing details 1, 2, and 3.
- Underlining key ideas, and summarizing in 25 words.
- Converting summaries into detailed stories.
Common Core Standards: ELA-Literacy-Writing - 6-8.2b-f
Skills: Social and Cognitive
Here are some possible uses for these in your classroom:
- To challenge early finishers
- For effective tutoring
- As ESL stations and sub tubs
- As holiday work and homework
- For small group collaborations
- For an end of unit assessments
- For reinforcement and enrichment
This is what teachers say about these resources:
- WRITING BUNDLE-LESSON PLANS: Great resource to always have! Really helped to raise the rigor of my lessons! – Cheri Reynolds
- DIALOGUE WRITING: This was easy to use. It helped my students to review and fix the errors they were making in their writing. –Beth G.
- CAPITALIZATION RULES: The perfect visual to help students remember to use capitalization while writing. – Mary Z.
- ACTIVE VERBS: This is a great resource to include in the binders for future resources. - Patricia O.
- FICTIONAL STORY WRITING: A great resource for students to practice writing during center. - Jamie S.
- NOUN PHRASES: This product was helpful for my ELD students! – Rae E.
- PLAY-SCRIPT WRITING: Can't wait to use this when I get back. Just love the approach to learning script writing skills. – Kathryn A.
- HOMOPHONES-HOMONYMS-HOMOGRAPHS: Very excited about using this in my intensive reading classes. – Tammye G.
- FIRST-AID: Great resource for first aid presentations. I'll be using this with my class. - Jackie Malley
- COMPOUND-COMPLEX SENTENCES: These task cards were perfect test practice! - Michelle P.
- PUNCTUATION WORKSHEETS: I found the variety of options to be useful,… I have used it to complement the areas of focus in my lessons. - Dianne P.
- SUBJECT-VERB AGREEMENT: I have used this resource several times already. –Jean C.
- OXYMORON: This is great. I can't wait to use it with my ESOL students. - Rebecca D.
- SEVEN AGES OF MAN: This was perfect use of imagery and words. It helped even my weaker 6th graders understand the message of the poem and complete an activity on their own. - Amy B.
- PREPOSITION TYPES HANDOUT: My students loved this poster. - Patricia O.
- PLAY-SCRIPT PRESENTATION: This looks awesome! I am excited to use it with my advanced theater class this year! - Kimberly R.
- THE HIGHWAYMAN POEM ANALYSIS: AWESOME resource! I highly recommend this product! – Samantha L.
- STORY ANALYSIS HANDOUTS BUNDLE: Looking forward to using this extensively in all levels of my classes. - Olivia Fulmer.
- STORY ANALYSIS LESSONS AND RESOURCES BUNDLE: I'm using this for the English II short story unit. - Olivia Fulmer
- SENTENCES LESSONS AND RESOURCES BUNDLE: Very thorough. These cover all the areas of need for sentence types and structures. - Steelers Fan
- READING COMPREHENSION LESSON PRESENTATION: I love it and can't wait to use it. - Vivian W.
- ADJECTIVE PHRASES WORKSHEETS WITH ANSWERS: Perfect for what I needed. - Laura T.
- DIARY ENTRY FORMAT: Just what I was looking for! - Louisaratcliffe
- HOMOPHONES-HOMONYMS-HOMOGRAPHS BUNDLE: A great resource for my kids to practice!!! - Rebecca Thorman
- PREFIXES AND SUFFIXES BUNDLE: This is a superb resource for review. - Kay Crawford
- COMPARE AND CONTRAST INFORMATION TEXT LESSON: This is a superb resource for review. - Kay Crawford
- TYGER TYGER - POEM LESSONS AND RESOURCES: This is fantastic! I bought it for the Tyger aspect but there is so much more to it than that. I love that it includes clear grading rubrics and so many additional resources - I will be using this for the rest of the year! - Michelle Beauchamp
- THE NECKLACE - PROSE COMPREHENSION: LESSONS & RESOURCES: This is a good resource for this story. I like the way characterization is explained. -Tiffany Beausoleil
- COMPOUND-COMPLEX SENTENCES BUNDLE: It's hard to find a good compound-complex sentence resource. - Carrie Taylor
- SKIMMING SCANNING READING BUNDLE: Good for higher level classes that run as more discovery learning. - Jamie B.
- AUTOBIOGRAPHY WRITING BUNDLE: A very strategic resource! - A Buyer
Customer Tips: How to get TPT credit to use for future purchases
- Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
- Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
- I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
- Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a FOLLOWER. You will now receive email updates about this store. Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches.
Find Me Here: