*Can be used with or without Eyewitness Reader Book!*
Included in your download:
Detailed daily teacher lesson plans
Printable, ready-to-use Student Journal
Web quests for Online Learning from www.rio2016.com
This unit, based on the 2016 Rio Summer Olympics has twelve 45-55 minute daily lessons, outlined as follows:
• Olympic Skills Activity (5-10 minutes): The first five to ten minutes of class will be spent on a quick “Olympics skill” (stretch or endurance body movement, for example) or fun informational activity about the Olympics.
• Grammar/English/Vocabulary (20-25 minutes): The focus for this section includes activities and student journal pages to build grammar and writing skills.
• Class Reading (20-25 minutes): This unit uses the Eyewitness Reader Book: Going for Gold! There are daily reading assignments for class or home reading, and comprehension questions that go along with this book.
• If you do not have the book for this unit: No worries! This unit works great as a continued web quest. I provided a list of websites to help find the information on the athletes studied in the book (Not guaranteed for all answers, but they will help with some). Or, you can simply take out those pages in the student journal and pair this with any Olympic Study!
• There are also "Computer Learning Days" in the unit, which have students go on an Olympic Webquest to closely student this year's Summer Olympics using the official Olympics website!
• The final day is a culmination activity day, where students hold a Classroom Olympics! I have instructions on this day for inexpensive Minute-to-Win-it games, most of which use items many teachers already have in their classroom!
The best part is---LITTLE TO NO PREP FOR YOU! Lessons are explained, in detail, many down to word-for-word instruction. Great for summer camp enrichment, home school, or just a fun way to get kids excited about the Olympics!