Are you looking for a fun way to get your students excited about their sight words? This Super Sight Word pack aligned with the COMMON CORE will be perfect for your little superheroes. This product provides fun and engaging activities that will not only help your students practice their sight words, but will keep them wanting to learn more! This pack includes games and activities that are perfect for centers and both whole and small group instruction. The entire DOLCH FIRST GRADE list is included in this pack, as well as blanks to allow you to write in your own words. This product is classroom tested and kid approved! Take a look below at what’s inside!
1. Where’s Simon? - Where, oh where, is Simon the Sight Word Superhero? He teleports himself from skyscraper to skyscraper rather quickly. As a class, or small group, your students will practice reading sight words in order to find Simon in this engaging activity! (pgs. 4-15, b/w 49-60)
2. Up, Up and Away! – In this game, students will race each other to be the first superhero to fly to the top of the skyscraper. Students collect super stars as they read different sight words. Differentiation – Students can use the words they land on in sentences! I have included 2 game boards and 1 blank game board for you to use with words of your own. (pgs. 16-24, b/w 61-69)
3. X-treme Sight Words – Your students will enjoy wearing x-ray vision glasses (included) while they look around the room for their sight words. Watch out! Nonsense Norman, the sight word superheroes’ villain, will try to trick your students by placing nonsense words in your classroom. (pgs. 25-38, b/w 70-83)
4. X-ray Vision Glasses – Your students will get to make their own x-ray vision glasses for use in the X-treme Sight Word activity. I have allowed my students to wear them in other sight word activities and they are so engaged throughout. All you need is cellophane to complete the glasses ($2 for entire roll at Wal-Mart).
5. Ka-Pow – In this NEW, FUN, and ORIGINAL game, your students will be on the edge of their seats while they practice reading their sight words. This game is great for centers! (pgs. 39-46, b/w 84-91)
6. Activity Suggestions – 4 additional games/center ideas that can be done using the materials provided in this pack. (pg. 47, b/w 92)
7. Sight Word Mini Poster – Do your students have sight word power? Use this poster in your classroom to motivate your students and reinforce ways for them to learn their sight words! (pg. 48, b/w 93)
*Download the preview for a closer look!*
***THIS PRODUCT IS ALSO AVAILABLE WITH THE DOLCH PRIMER WORD LIST
OR, GET BOTH COPIES IN A BUNDLED SET HERE
This entire product comes in color and black and white. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions. My email is email@example.com. Thank you for stopping by my store!
©Kayla Parker, 2013